Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie

Anyone who has read my blog for longer than 5 minutes knows that I'm a big fan of anything blended and sip-able.  Just look here or here, or heck even here
I was at Costco last week and I had a very strict shopping list to follow.  I was supposed to only get the essentials, but when I passed all of the fruit, I just couldn't help myself.  A 1-1/2 pound box of blueberries for only $5.00?  Yeah, this was a no-brainer.


Blueberry Smoothie


1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup 100% pomegranate juice
1/4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
5 ice cubes


In a blender, combine the blueberries, pomegranate juice, yogurt, and lemon zest and juice, and blend until smooth.  Add the ice cubes, and blend again until it is smooth.


This is a sexy smoothie.  So simple, delicious, and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment