Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Brunch--Baked Eggs in a Spicy Tomato Sauce

Brunch is probably my favorite meal.
 It's one of those meals where you can combine the sweetness of syrupy pancakes with the savory-ness of a steak omelet.  It's still early in the day, and after leisurely eating and sipping your coffee you feel mentally prepared for what is to come with the day.  Anything during this particular time of day would be good.  I decided to make a really easy dish, by combining everything into ramekins and then letting the oven do the work for me, so I could grab my tea and relax while I wait for brunch to be ready.

Speaking of tea, I made some awesome Chai French Toast, which I will post soon.  Stay tuned for that.

Brunch for 2--Baked Eggs in Tomato Sauce:

1 cup marinara sauce or your favorite brand tomato sauce
1 clove garlic, finely minced
4 eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbs olive oil
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbs parsley, chopped
salt and pepper


In a saucepan, combine the olive oil and garlic.  Cook garlic over medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute.  Do not let this burn, you just don't want the garlic to be raw.  Add the red pepper flakes and the pasta sauce, stirring to combine.  Next divide the pasta sauce between two ramekins.  Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin then top with salt, pepper, and the Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until eggs reached desired doneness.  Top with parsley and serve hot with lots of buttered toast for dunking, if desired.
Good morning Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment