Friday, January 27, 2012

Frozen Hot Chocolate

I LOVE hot chocolate.
When I say love, I mean a true and undying love.  A love that can never be broken.

If you would have asked me before tonight, I would have said I love hot chocolate more than my boyfriend.  But since he just proposed, and is now my fiance, I guess he can take first prize over the hot chocolate.

When I saw this recipe on the tasty kitchen blog I knew I had to make it.
This recipe takes a little time, and I typically can't stand recipes that involve a double boiler.  But my friends, this recipe is so worth it.  I would never lead you astray!  Please try this, and become as hooked as me.  I'm your pusher, and you will be the next junkie in line for this hot chocolate.


Frozen Hot Chocolate:
Adapted from the Tasty Kitchen Blog
3 tbs sugar
3 tbs hot cocoa mix
3 tbs unsalted butter
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup white chocolate chips 12 fluid ounces evaporated milk
4 cups ice
Toppings such as whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, or mini marshmallows


Combine sugar, cocoa mix and butter in the top of a double boiler that is set over gently boiling water.  Stir until melted and a smooth paste forms.  Next add the chocolate chips and melt.  Add 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk, whisking until all combined and smooth then remove from heat.  Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.


Once base chocolate mixture is cooled, add it to a blender with the remaining evaporated milk and the ice cubes.  Blend until smooth.  Divide between two glasses and top with whatever you like.  I like a drizzle of cream and chocolate sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment