Friday, February 3, 2012

Chai Tea French Toast

I miss home a lot.  Anytime I see something in the stores here in Chicago that is made from my home state of Oregon, I have to buy it.  Even if I don't need another can of Oregon berries, another block of Tillamook cheese, or box of Oregon Chai.  
The good thing is, I love berries, and cheese, and chai.  But sometimes, you just run out of ways to use it.  Ever had one of those days?  You're standing there in front of your pantry, for a solid 30 minutes, just thinking..."what am I going to make with what's in here?"

I was finishing off the last of my Chai tea and decided I was going to make it into something yummy, French Toast.  Who doesn't love French Toast?  It is delicious bread, soaked in an eggy custard and then griddled to perfection.  Served hot with a drizzle of sweet maple syrup, gosh.  I will just give you a second to let your eyes roll into the back of your head while you think about this.
Chai Tea French Toast:

1/2 cup Chai concentrate
1 cup milk
4 eggs
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla 
pinch of salt
12 slices French bread (or any day old bread)

Combine all ingredients but the bread, in a big bowl, whisking to incorporate everything.  Next lay your slices of bread into the egg mixture and allow to soak while you heat up your griddle pan with lots of butter for the toast to swim around in.  Cook the slices of toast over medium-low heat until golden brown and cooked through.  Pile high with butter, syrup and powdered sugar, then dig in.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment