Friday, February 17, 2012

Mixed Berry Compote

I really have no idea what a compote is.
I think it's like a jelly?  But not as solid.  And it's not really spread-able, but pour-able.


All I know is that it's good.  By the spoonful, or on top of waffles or pancakes, or even ice cream.


I needed to use up the last of some berries I bought so I decided to throw sliced strawberries and blueberries into a pan, and cook it in a little orange juice and sugar and hey it turned out great.  Really delicious.  I can't wait for morning so I can make some waffles to top it with.
2 cups sliced strawberries
1-1/2 cups blueberries
1 orange, zest and juice
1/2 cup sugar


In a pan over medium heat, add juice, zest, sugar, 1 cup of blueberries and 1 cup of strawberries.  Cook for 5-10 minutes until fruit mixture is bubbling and thickens.  Remove from heat and add the remaining strawberries and blueberries.  Serve right away or refrigerate for up to 3 days.  Pour over waffles, pancakes, ice cream, or anything you want.  


TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment