Friday, December 30, 2011

A Taste of Summer in December

Is Winter over yet?  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, and snowflakes, and the magical atmosphere surrounding this season.  But...I don't know about you, its so hard to get my butt out of bed to a foggy and dark morning, being forced to leave the warmth of my blankets.  

This morning was just like that.  Fog was surrounding our windows, so thick I couldn't even see the border of our balcony.  I grabbed my blanket off the bed, ran to the thermostat to turn the heat on, and then ran back into my room, jumping into bed.  Ugh...

I decided I needed some sunshine.  And since the weather wouldn't cooperate with me, I had to create my own inside.  I painted my nails a bright lemon yellow color, and made a tropical smoothie that tasted like summer in a glass.  I think I will start my mornings like this more often.  After tasting this smoothie, I had so many different fruit combinations and flavors running through my mind that I cannot wait to try.  

This smoothie is super healthy, thick, and delicious.

1 cup pineapple chunks
1 banana, sliced
the juice of 1 or 2 oranges, freshly squeezed
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 or 2 tbs of honey for a hint of sweetness
Handful of ice cubes, to make the smoothie icy and thick 

Blend all ingredients in a blender, pour into a glass, and enjoy.  Picture sunshine for the full effect :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment