Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fudgies

So tonight I had a chocolate craving. 

Well...that's somewhat misleading. It's not just tonight but everyday. I just need chocolate. It's my vitamin C...and probably more important to me than actual vitamins. Or breathing. 

Well maybe not breathing. If I wasn't breathing...I couldn't enjoy my chocolate. But I digress. 

To feed my chocolate craving I decided to make Fudgies--Or more popularly known as no-bake cookies.  But this is my spin on a no-bake.

1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
3 to 4 cups Quaker oats (I found my perfect amount to be 3-1/4 cups)
5 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla

now my little twist~
for the peanut butter, I use 1/3 cup creamy and 1/3 cup chunky
1 tbs instant coffee powder
pinch of sea salt

In a saucepan combine the sugar, butter, cocoa, milk, vanilla, salt and coffee powder.  Bring to a slow boil and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.  Stir in the peanut butter and then remove from heat.  Stir in 3 cups of oats.  The mixture should be thick.  If necessary, add more oats until it is the consistency that you want it.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Drop the mixture into heaps onto the parchment and allow the fudgies to firm up at room temperature.

Nom Nom Nom...Enjoy!

1 comment: