Sunday, September 18, 2011

Brunch with Monkey and Ladybug

I love Sundays.  Not having classes or work, I can sleep in as long as I want. Or until the kittens are biting at my hair to get me up, which is typically around 5 a.m.  But today, they decided to sleep in too! I woke up at about 10:30 a.m. with one kitten on my chest, nice and toasty under the comforter, and one sharing my pillow, with her paw resting so cutely against my cheek, hehe. 

Thank you kittens for letting mommy sleep in a little.

It has been drizzling outside all morning and so I decided to enjoy a lazy day indoors, not forgetting the most important meal of the day of course, breakfast.

Or my favorite BRUNCH :) after sleeping in *yawns* it's the best way to start a day.

Neglecting to grocery shop this week, I rummaged around in my fridge and pantry to find something to make.  I had one egg, one onion, and one potato.  Hmmm...what to do with that.

A hash perhaps?
I diced my lonely little potato and sauteed until crispy and golden brown in some olive oil, butter, seasoning salt, regular salt, pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper.

Then I removed the potatoes from my skillet and gave my sliced onions the same treatment.  Once they were softened and turning brown I added the potatoes back in along with some green onion and shredded mozzarella cheese.

Then I topped the lovely hash with an over easy egg and one twist of my pepper mill.  I poured myself a glass of O J, which I so wonderfully drank from a champagne flute, just because I can, and took my brunch back to bed with me, along with the kittens who were curious to see what mommy had with her.  And yes, they did get a bite or two.  They love potato.

Blissful rainy Sunday morning joy.

2 comments: