Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Big 2-6! A birthday treat made by me, for me :)

In honor of no longer being "mid" twenties, I've decided to make myself some birthday goodies to help drown my sorrows...I mean, help celebrate this joyous day!

Birthday cake is so overrated. Anywhozer...

I was missing my family last night, in particular my mother, and grandmother. I spent the night rummaging through my "keep sake" box where I saved all of the letters my grandma wrote me, looking for a verrryyyy special card...

The one where she wrote her Cherry Creme Pie recipe :)

And...I found it!

Even though I'm dying to make a few tweaks to the recipe...I'm going to make it EXACTLY how my grandmother did. I love you Grandma Ruby.

Graham Cracker Crust
24 graham crackers
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp soft butter

Place Graham crackers in a bag.  
Roll crackers real fine.
 Add soft butter, mix well. 
 Pour into 9" pie plate.  Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.  Cool before adding filling.
Cherry Creme Pie
3 oz. creme cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 pint whipping cream
1 graham cracker crust

Cream powdered sugar and creme cheese until smooth. Mix with whipped cream (whip the cream and vanilla together until it becomes thick).
 Fold it into the cheese and sugar mixture and pour mixture into crust.
 Smooth it out.
Lick Spatula :)
Top with 1 can cherry pie filling.
 Mmmm....Cherry Creme Pie :) Just how grandma used to make it. 

Slice.
 Devour.
Happy Birthday to ME! *SiNgS*

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Joni! And you ARE still in your mid twenties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great birthday - and although as said im not a cherry fan that looks fantastic:-D

    regards Chris

    ReplyDelete