Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Thank You and A Mocktail

I wanted to take a second to send a BIG thank you to all of my readers.  I know you are out there.  Even some people I never thought would be reading this blog, I found out actually do.  So thanks to you guys :)  

I made this blended strawberry concoction the other night and it reminded me of a Daiquiri.  Obviously this drink is sans alcohol, but it's still equally delish.  Happy Tuesday everyone!

Frozen Strawberry Lemon-lime Mocktail:
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can lemon lime soda
2 cups frozen sliced strawberries
the juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup simple syrup (recipe below)


Blend together frozen juice concentrate, strawberries, fresh lime juice and simple syrup.  Add the soda and stir to combine.  Divide between 2 glasses.  If you don't like this drink too sweet I would suggest replacing the lemon lime soda with club soda, or the simple syrup with water.  
To make simple syrup:


In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from the heat and allow mixture to cool at room temperature before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment