Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Cookies with Brown Sugar Glaze

 Yes I'm still on a pumpkin kick. I've been making pumpkin bread, pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin rice pudding, pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin.  I just love the taste and texture it adds to things (not to mention the...*gulp* vitamins). hehe just kidding :) I actually do love to eat healthy. I just have a little bit of a sweet tooth...

okay, maybe a lot abit, but I digress.

I made these cookies tonight and they were really tasty.  These cookies are almost muffin-like. But not... They have the crunchy cookie bottom but a muffin-y center. Yes, muffin-y.  
Finished off with a brown sugar glaze and some pecans adds just the extra touch these cookies need to make them special. From plain ol' pumpkin cookies, to pumpkintastic-in-my-mouth.I do believe pumpkintastic is a word.
Pumpkin Patch Cookies

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I left nuts out, and decorated with a pecan half on top instead)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl, combine sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, vanilla, egg and blend well.  Once combined add the dry ingredients, mixing well to incorporate but don't over mix.  Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Leave a little room in between the cookies because they do spread while baking.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden around edges.  Once cookies have cooled completely, frost and then nom nom.

Brown Sugar Glaze

3 tbs butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar

In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar.  Bring mixture to a boil, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.  Cool for 10 minutes then add milk.  Beat until smooth, then beat in enough powdered sugar for desired spreading consistency.  I did 2 cups but you can certainly do more (to make it thicker) or less (to make it runnier).

I just love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment