Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Midnight Snack (or anytime really) for the Choco-holic

I just couldn't help myself.  This chocolate sorbet is so easy, you will make it over and over! Allow me to share.



Ingredients:
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon (I put in 1/4 tsp because I just love extra cinnamon)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup brewed espresso (I just used really strong coffee because that's what I had on hand)

Directions:
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over low heat just until everything is dissolved.  Transfer to a plastic container and refrigerate until very cold. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream mixture according to your machine's directions.  Usually I let the bowl of my machine freeze over night. If the machine isn't really cold the ice cream wont have the right consistency. Then I mixed in the machine for 25 minutes.

The mixture was soft, so I transferred it back into the plastic container and put in the freezer for 1 hour, because lets face it, I just couldn't wait longer than that. 

If you want to make an adult version, make as above but once you remove the chocolate mixture from heat, add in a tablespoon (or 2...or 3....) of coffee liqueur.  And if you're REALLY bad like me, add mini chocolate chips in the last 30 seconds of the mixer going, just to combine. Mmmm...more chocolate, yes please!

Enjoy!
(Sharing optional) 
:)

3 comments: