Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Double Trouble

For people who know my family, they'd say it's pretty unique. However since the birth of reality TV, and shows like Kate Plus 8, and Octo-mom, my story seems less inimitable. But I'll share it anyways.


My parents got married super young! My mom was 19, my dad 22. I mean really? When I was 19 I think I was in between jobs and totally uncaring about my own future. But I digress.  My parents really wanted children but my mom was having difficulties getting pregnant.  So they decided to adopt. My parents were now 28 and 31, and finally they got their wish! HeLLooooOoOoOoo world! My twin sister and I were born.

For anyone who has twins, or multiples, you can empathize. One baby is hard enough. Well life was great and my parents were happy, but they were about to get a big surprise.  My mom finally gets pregnant. Oh jeez! It was totally unexpected but they were thrilled.  I think the doctor told her she was too uptight before.  She was trying too hard to get pregnant. 

So...my parents go in for the first ultrasound.  The nurse is rubbing the thingy (totally the technical term) around her belly, and says "there's a heart beat!" My parents were so happy. And then the nurse says, "and there's the other heart beat!" Now, what exactly happens next is somewhat debatable between my parents. But according to my mom, dad didn't speak a WORD for 3 whole days! LOL

 Some time later, Jeff and Lori were born, and my parents had 2 sets of twins, all under the age of 3.  I think it would be fair to say our house was a bit MAD HATTER! It was also extremely loving and supportive. My parents are the two best people I know, and what I hope to be like when I have my own children. I look forward to having a big family like the one I grew up in. Complete with all the dogs, cats, fish, hamsters and whatever other critters followed my brother home from school, or Lori hid in her bedroom. 

                                                Family is forever. <3

Dedicated to my mom and dad, my best friend and hero.

3 comments: