Sunday, July 22, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

I don't know what it is about Sunday mornings and pancakes for brunch.  For me it's like peanut butter and jelly, or basil and tomatoes. It just goes together, man.
 This was a really easy breakfast that I wanted to show you guys. Apple cinnamon pancakes.  I used pre-made pancake mix, like Bisquick.  So buy your favorite kind.  Here's a quick way to take ordinary pancakes and turn it into something more special.

What you'll need for Apple Cinnamon Pancakes:
(Feeds 2, double recipe to feed more)

Pancake Mix
Milk
Eggs
1 green apple, peeled
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

If you're using Bisquick: Mix 1 cup pancake mix, 1/2 cup milk and 1 egg.  Whisk together in a bowl then add the cinnamon and vanilla.

To get the apple rings, peel 1 green apple and then using a spoon, scoop out the core.  Then slice the apple into thin rings.

In a heated skillet melt some butter.  Add pancake mix by 1/4 cup amounts at a time.  Place an apple ring in the center of the pancake batter (shown above).  Cook for a few minutes on each side until the pancakes are golden brown.  Top with whatever you like. I like butter and syrup.
 I really really really liked these pancakes.  They were sweet and tart and delicious.  The fiance wasn't a fan but I think I scarred him with the last breakfast I made.  I made blueberry waffles and he got a little TOO many blueberries in his. Lately when I say I'm going to make us breakfast he asks "there's no blueberries in it is there?" He's not a huge fruit-in-the-breakfast-batter fan.
No matter.  More for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment