Saturday, August 11, 2012

Iced Coconut Chai Tea

This really shouldn't even be considered a "recipe".  It's that stupidly easy.  So why am I posting it? Well...because it's good. Enough said.
I honestly love coffee shops like Starbucks and Caribou, but I hate the coffee shop price tag.  It's honestly ridiculous how much they charge to mix pre-made chai tea concentrate with milk and then charge me $4.50 for it.  Lame.  And I have to admit it was a convenience thing in the past.  Yes I could easily walk the 10 steps into the kitchen and make a drink myself but why not just let someone do it for me.  Yes I have felt that lazy on occasion, especially when it's so hot outside I literally can't breathe.

I like to buy Tazo or Oregon Chai in a pack of 3 from Costco.  It's so much more cost efficient and you will get way more drinks this way then if you were to go to a coffee shop.  It's worth it.  I typically make my chai cold, over ice with some 2% milk, but I decided to change it up a bit today and make it with coconut milk.  2 ingredients and a few seconds later, you can be sipping your own Starbucks quality chai tea but with the satisfaction of knowing it's costing you a fraction of the price.
Ice Coconut Chai Tea

2 cups Tazo or Oregon Chai Tea Concentrate
1 can coconut milk
Ice

Divide the Chai concentrate among 2 glasses.  Shake the can of coconut milk vigourously, to mix it well.  Divide the coconut milk between the two glasses.  Stir and top with lots of ice to make it nice and chilly.  Sip and enjoy.

*To make a hot chai, simply combine chai tea and coconut milk in a small saucepan and gently heat over medium heat until it steams but does NOT boil.  Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
I'm thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment