Saturday, June 9, 2012

3 Ingredient Pineapple Cobbler

This was really good. I mean reallyyyy goooood.
 Summer is here in Chicago. It's been dreadfully hot lately and I just haven't had it in me to turn on the oven. My poor baking has gone to the way-side while I attempt to remain cool in my poorly-insulated-money-sink-of-an apartment.

It dropped in temperature the other night before bed, so the windows flew open to let the cool breeze circulate, and I decided that it was my chance to make something yummy.

I used canned fruit for this cobbler. You need the juice. But I'm sure frozen berries would work if you added a little liquid.  The awesome thing about this cobbler is you can literally use any kind of fruit or cake mix you want. Peaches, pineapple, apples or pears with white cake, or cherries, raspberries, blackberries with chocolate cake. Mix it up and create something that is perfectly perfect for your own sweet tooth.


Pineapple Cobbler


1-28oz. can pineapple chunks with juice
1 box white cake mix
1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
In a baking dish, dump in the fruit along with the juice.  Next, dump the cake mix on top of the fruit, spreading it out evenly over the top.  Then dot the top with the cubed butter.  Bake cobbler in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until it is bubbling and golden brown.  Serve with some whipped cream on top.

1 comment: