Saturday, April 21, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Panini

I am officially on spring break!  Two whole weeks of cooking, sleeping in, playing games, tackling the mess that has become my closet, sleeping in, go on lots of dates with Ry, and did I mention sleeping in?
 
I think my favorite thing about cooking lately is seeing Ry's reaction. Hearing "Mmm this is so good!" is nice to hear but what's even BETTER to hear is "This is better than my mom's!"
The last couple meals I've made, I've gotten the later reaction. Score!

This panini was really good, and really simple. As a panini should be.

Roasted Red Pepper Panini
6 slices of bread
12 slices good salami
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained
6 slices provolone cheese
mayonnaise
Line up the bread slices and coat each piece with a little mayo, so the sandwich doesn't get too dry.  Divide the cheese, peppers and salami evenly among 3 pieces of bread, then top sandwiches with the remaining slices.  Press each sandwich in your panini press until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.  Slice and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment