Friday, April 6, 2012

BLT's for Two

BLT's are one of my all-time favorite sandwiches.
I mean, hello.  Look at that.  It's a thing of beauty. 

I've made a lot of variations to the traditional BLT.  BLT with avocado, BLT with different cheeses, BLT with rosemary aioli, etc.  However, the best BLT is and always will be just bacon, lettuce, and tomato.

I like my bacon CRISPY.  I bake it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  I also like to lightly toast harvest grain bread for even more crunch.  Piled high with slices of juicy tomato, lettuce, and a good slathering of mayo (do not be afraid of the mayo). 

BLT's for Two:
4 slices harvest grain bread (or your favorite), toasted
10 slices of bacon cooked
2 tomatoes thinly sliced
2 handfuls of your favorite lettuce, I use iceberg
mayo
salt and pepper

Toast the bread slices to your preferred doneness then slather with mayo.  Layer lettuce, bacon, and tomatoes (and for heaven's sake, PLEASE salt and pepper the tomato slices) between the bread. 

And then try with all your might, to make it to the table before you completely devour the entire thing. My fiance and I barely make it out of the kitchen.
 Can you blame us?

No comments:

Post a Comment