Sunday, April 15, 2012

Elegant Dessert

I apologize for not getting a better picture of this. But honestly, nothing was on my mind except eating it.
 By the time I realized I needed a few pictures, it was half gone. Sorry!

This dessert is soooo good. Part of what makes it good is how easy it is. Trust and believe! It just looks complicated because of all the layers but it's not, I wouldn't do that to you. It's also very versatile.  I've made a vanilla version, a chocolate banana version, a pumpkin spice version, you name it.  Use whatever pudding mix you like. My favorite is hands down my mom's original version. Double chocolate. *Swoon*

Elegant Dessert:

1st Layer:
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup nuts (i use pecans or walnuts)

Mix ingredients and press into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 mins. Let cool completely.

2nd Layer:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
9 ounces cool whip

Mix the cheese and sugar together until creamy. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped cream. Spread cheese mixture over the 1st layer.

3rd Layer:
2 small packages Jello INSTANT chocolate pudding
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups cold milk

Mix pudding mix, vanilla and milk until thick. Spread over 2nd layer.

4th Layer:
Take the rest of the cool whip and spread over the 3rd layer. Garnish with nuts or chocolate shavings, or sprinkles.

Refrigerate over night before serving (this is a recommendation of course, but I can never wait).

I hope you like this recipe!! It's definitely a favorite of mine and something I make time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment