Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Simple Life

My life is simplistic, but I appreciate it that way.  My animals make me giggle every day. I tried to capture it.

My beautiful Arie, posing so sweetly with my lovely blue orchid, which was a birthday gift from my dear friend Carol.
 This one is my favorite :)
Mr. Monkey. Doesn't he look like he's smiling? :)
 It's fall. So I'm enjoying the crispy mornings, curling up with the kittens on the couch in our warm blanket, with some comfort food. Today I made mashed sweet potatoes. What is more comforting than a big bowl of mashed potatoes?
How I make them:
Peel and dice 2 sweet potatoes into about 1 inch chunks. Throw into a pot and cover with cold water. Boil on the stove until tender.
Drain and put them back into the hot pot.
Mash sweet potatoes with butter, about 1/2 a stick.
Add a few splashes of cream. Cinnamon, brown sugar, and orange zest. (as much or as little as you want)
Fluff with a fork.
Sprinkle with sea salt.
Eat, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment