Friday, October 14, 2011

Heart Attack Potatoes

My oh so dear friend Stephen thought my mashed sweet potatoes looked like a cow pie.  So here is my redemption potato.  I know these will be man approved!

Take your favorite kind of potato and slice across into thin slices, but be sure not to go all the way through.  Next, stuff the slices, alternating butter and your favorite kind of cheese.  I did my favorite, Tillamook Aged Sharp Cheddar.  Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes.  Pull the pan out and drizzle potatoes with heavy cream, and a little more cheese (hehehe...).  Finish baking for about 10 more minutes.

Before
After

If you feel like having a heart attack, dollop with sour cream and chives. :)

You can find the printable recipe by visiting The Pioneer Woman blog which I have linked to the right. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment